Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: War of the Five Kings [Game of Thrones Mod]

War of the Five Kings [Game of Thrones Mod] 31 Jul 2018 00:27 #216

• Almar
  • Thank you received: 2
War of the Five Kings
Game of Thrones

Greetings to anyone who's still playing this game, here's a special treat for you, a Mod made from scratch set in George R R Martin's fictional world of A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones).

This is not the first mod i made for this game however it is the first mod that is complete and wont need to be updated in the future.

Features:
  • Eight new factions that represent eight great houses of Westeros

• Each faction has new units with their own stats and images

• 48 new provinces

• Download Link

Just Unzip the rar and move the Westeros folder to the Campaigns folder in Imperial Domination 2.
    The administrator has disabled public write access.

War of the Five Kings [Game of Thrones Mod] 21 Aug 2018 14:42 #217

Nice mod, i'll try it when i have more free time. I was thinking of making a mod as well, but it seems to be complicated and I can't do it, unfortunately

War of the Five Kings [Game of Thrones Mod] 25 Aug 2018 22:09 #218

I could start making a mod soon, but i will need some help. Could you help me, since i don't have any programming experience? You don't need to work on anything, just explain me some things, tell me how to do it.
    Thanks in advance

War of the Five Kings [Game of Thrones Mod] 26 Aug 2018 20:29 #220

• Almar
    fortunately you don't need any programming experience to make a mod for this game, you can edit the files manually and that does allow for more freedom if you know what each text means, but ArDi made a modding tool that's easy to use and does everything for you.

You just need to make a map with borders like the one i showed in my post, make them at least 2 pixels thick or three pixels thick for the modding tool to recognize it as a province.

Next thing you want to do is name the provinces and nudge the capital into place, also add a trading item for them, once you've done that add the factions afaik you can only make 11 factions in the modding tool. add their name and adjective and then add their units.

now assign provinces to a faction and that's it.

it's really easy and doesn't take that much time to make a mod, personally the hardest thing for me was getting the textures working for the mod.

War of the Five Kings [Game of Thrones Mod] 27 Aug 2018 13:35 #221

Thanks for the reply, but there are some more things that I don't understand:
    1. If I got it right, I draw borders in some image editing program like paint, right?
    2. I tried adding provinces when I was experimenting with modding an existing campaign, but I couldn't do it at all. That option behaves as if it doesn't work. What should I actually do to add provinces?
    3. I don't know how to change unit image, they all remain militia when I add a faction.
    Thank in advance

War of the Five Kings [Game of Thrones Mod] 28 Aug 2018 02:53 #225

• Almar
    adding provinces is a bit buggy, but one thing that always works for me is i constantly click on province 1 then province 2 then province 1 and repeat until the program adds the province.

yeah you can use paint to add the provinces.
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 0.371 seconds