Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bugs and Feature suggestions.

Bugs and Feature suggestions. 21 Mar 2015 13:51 #80

• zura192
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi there, I've added feature suggestions and unfixed bugs thread for imperial domination II. These suggestions and bugs will be updated every time someone reports one.
NOTE: ALL THESE BUGS ARE FIXED IN THE LATEST VERSION OF THE GAME.

Feature suggestions
1. Peace
For example: Rome is my ally and he joined war with ptolemai for me. I ended the war with peace but rome is still in conflict.
I guess this shouldn't be in this way. But it's not a big problem in the game.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

2. Looting option
When you conquer a province from enemy you can loot it. Looting will massively reduce happiness
in province for about 5 turns or more.
The more civilians and scholars will be there the more valueable looting will be.
Possibly it can reduce reputation and heavily reduce relation with the country whose province you are looting.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

3. Royal Marriage between two countries.
This is very good option which was in Europa universalis IV. Royal marriage between two countries will require relations (minimum good relations).
Royal marriage will raise relations of two countries forever. (Maximum 2-3 marriages could be completed.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

4. Controlling your vassals
Your vassal(s) have the same diplomacy options than the other countries. So add some more here.
  1. You can restrict maximum amount your vassal's army size. This option will be more suitable in sue for peace options (Like in treaty of versailles military restrictions).
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

5.Delete that population restriction in province.
Delete it. Cities do grow unlimited. Just make happiness damage when there are too many people in province. DEVELOPER ANSWER:

6.Add button for closing menu windows (diplomacy,economy, etc.)
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

7.Defenders in besieged towns shouldn`t be completely passive. They should sometimes try to break siege.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

8. A player shouldn`t be able to retreat every time he wants. He should be punished with losing reputation or something else like unrest in city from which the army has been sent. I noticed that my friend plays a game without ever fighting in battles and without losing any units. He retreats from every battle and only sends his army to siege towns until they surrender.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

9.Add private message feature on this forum.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

10.It will be good to show 0 construct points in cities where ALL buildings are fully upgraded, so I don`t have to check them again to see if there is something left to build.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

11.Armies mustn't enter or leave towns under siege.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

12.Enemy mustn't retreat when losing town they are in. They have nowhere to run. (Personally I think that it must be left as it is)

13.Add split fleet option
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

14.Army and caravans should have different look.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

15.Add new difficulty (Very hard). In hard mode fractions have too many money and don't use it.
Also fractions do not upgrade to aqueduct or improved aqueduct, so that makes game easier in hard mode. Make them do it in very hard mode.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

16.Money suggestions
  1. Corruption - the further provincies are from capital, higher corruption. Also, higher the income in that city, higher corruption. More army in city reduces the corruption.
  2. Inflation - the more money a country has, higher the inflation. This means that money loses its value because there is too much.
  3. Rich countries make more units, or disband the existing ones to make stronger (and more expensive) units.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

17. Army can desert and join rebels in cities.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

18. Add mercenaries which do not require population or knowledge
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

19. Some buildings get damage while conquering.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

20. Add auto-update function, this will be very good and I think it won't overload game.

21. Morale during battles.
DEVELOPER ANSWER:

Bugs
FIXED BUGS (in spoiler):

Unfixed bugs:
1. Almost everything in all provinces changed unexpectedly. More detailed report and savegame:

2.When I siege a town, and then change destination (give up of that siege), I have an option to enter city (although it belongs to my enemy), when I choose it, my army disappears and joins enemy.

3. Ally honoring alliance and declaring war on my enemy every turn

You can download latest version of game here: ardigames.com/download.php?file=imperial_dominationii
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2015 08:18 by zura192.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Feature suggestions and bugs. 27 Mar 2015 19:35 #81

• ArDi
  • Thank you received: 21
Thank you once again for all your suggestions and bug reports! I'll give a short answer on all of them.

Feature 1: I have fixed that vassals cannot continue the war if you made peace, but equal allies they should be able to keep fighting even if they got into the war because of you. For now, I'll leave this as is.
Feature 2: Looting definitely is a very interesting suggestion! I have noted it as possible feature for the future.
Feature 3: Royal marriages are interesting as well. I'm not sure if they provide enough improvement for the gameplay though. I'll keep it in mind!
Feature 4: Do you have suggestions maybe?
Feature 5: I prefer to keep this site add-free. The ten visitors I get daily won't generate enough revenue anyway.

Bug 1: I don't know how to fix this..
Bug 2: Fixed
Bug 3: Probably fixed
Bug 4: Fixed
Bug 5: Fixed
Bug 6: Probably fixed
Bug 7: Probably fixed

Your contribution to this game is very valuable! It's very tiring to keep testing my own game, so your fresh eyes see things I overlook.

The new version can be downloaded at ardigames.com/download.php?file=imperial_dominationii
The following user(s) said Thank You: zura192

Feature suggestions and bugs. 28 Mar 2015 09:31 #82

• zura192
Bug from the latest version added (8th in list)

Feature suggestions and bugs. 28 Mar 2015 10:58 #83

• ArDi
  • Thank you received: 21
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that. Savegames are not compatible and there is no way for me to fix that. If you want to continue your old game and don't have the previous version anymore, I can provide the old version again.

Feature suggestions and bugs. 28 Mar 2015 12:28 #84

• zura192
ArDi wrote:
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that. Savegames are not compatible and there is no way for me to fix that. If you want to continue your old game and don't have the previous version anymore, I can provide the old version again.
No thanks, I just thought it was a bug and reported it. I have finished old savegame (all factions destroyed) and it's not a problem I've got all versions in my pc from 1.4 to the newest one.

Feature suggestions and bugs. 29 Mar 2015 15:54 #85

• zura192
Bug added.
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds